Pictured Above: Lynsey Rice, Pat Price, Alison Goulding, Darien Laird, and Sarah Quinlan
2023 was certainly a busy year. The extent of my medico-legal work has been back to pre-covid levels: completing close to 200 expert reports, attending 68 conferences and providing 300 pieces of follow-up work.
As well as my medico-legal work I have also been involved with a number of exciting events and developments, including:
- The launch of www.patprice.co.uk to highlight all the great work done in the medico-legal sphere, campaigning, charity, research and academia
- Presenting at the Birth Injury and Medical Negligence Seminar presented by the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and the Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL)
- Participating in a St. George’s House discussions, a society that strives to "nurture wisdom through dialogue," creating a space where people can debate vital topics
- Numerous media moments, captured on our website
Looking ahead to 2024, I am excited to announce new partnerships and ventures, detailed below.
Charity Partner 2024
Price Jones is excited to share that Radiotherapy UK is our chosen charity partner for 2024.
In addition, we are dedicating our support to the #CatchUpWithCancer campaign, a cause close to our hearts. #CatchUpWithCancer – run by charity Radiotherapy UK - is a voice for the 4 in 10 cancer patients waiting too long for life-saving treatment.
The #CatchUpWithCancer campaign has:
- Been the first to raise concerns about the lack of ambition for cancer patients in the reduction in NHS cancer targets
- Brought cancer waiting times for treatment into the heart of Parliament, providing each and every MP with details of how long their constituents have to wait to get life-saving cancer treatment
- Launched a series of reports and analysis that call out the current cancer crisis in the UK, highlighted the need for urgent change to improve patient survival rates, and published practical solutions to turning the situation around
For more information about the #CatchUpWithCancer campaign and supporting this vital cause, please click here.
Your involvement can really help a small charity with a huge heart make a significant difference in the lives of those with cancer, and the 1 in 2 of us that will be diagnosed with cancer in our lifetime.
At Price Jones HQ we are all very busy behind the scenes developing our new venture, The Medico-Legal Knowledge Partnership.
Our mission is clear:
"Creating a space for global experts, lawyers and healthcare organisations to share knowledge, collaborate and receive professional support to improve patient care and legal outcomes.”
Our aim is to help elevate industry standards, foster innovation, and empower individuals to reach new heights of expertise.
The Medico-Legal Knowledge Partnership isn't just about imparting information; it's about forging connections, building relationships, and helping empower everyone working together into a future defined by excellence. This will be accomplished through:
- Thought-provoking podcasts featuring industry leaders
- Interactive webinars that unravel the complexities of the field
- Personalised online training modules that empower you with the latest insights
We hope you will join us in building a collaborative online community, where like-minded individuals converge to share ideas, discuss challenges, and celebrate successes.
We welcome any early interest. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.